English for PurchasingETIKurseKommunikationskompetenz & berufliches EnglischBranchenspezifisches Englisch
Until recently, procurement was seen as a Cinderella function within organisations – necessary, but rarely notable. However, times have changed. Today, procurement within companies plays a crucial role in the success of international firms. The biggest challenges facing procurement departments are:
- people training and development
- global sourcing organisation
- cross-function and collaboration
English for Purchasing aims to address the language and communication needs of those working in the fields of purchasing and procurement
Who is it for
This course is aimed at Purchasing Managers, working in an international business environment, who need to improve their language and communication skills in English.
The following three areas form the core of this training course:
You will develop your ability to present, participate in meetings and negotiate around procurement issues. The training programme will include both language input and detailed feedback on individual performance.
Purchasing language and discussion
You will develop your general confidence and fluency when speaking English. The training programme will use purchasing case studies to create opportunities for speaking about procurement topics in order to develop fluency and increase command of specialist purchasing vocabulary. Typical topics which can be included (in relation to your professional interests) are:
- Acquisition process
- Selection of bidders
- Bidding process
- Technical evaluation
- Commercial evaluation
- Negotiating strategy and skills
General and social English
Personalised input on general English and grammar (as required) will enable you to speak more accurately and improve your social English.
This course will enable you to:
- practise and develop your communication skills within a purchasing context.
- develop and practise language around specific topics within a range of procurement contexts.
- receive personalised feedback on the effectiveness of your communication and the accuracy of your language
- extend and practise your general and social English
In addition, you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. This fservice is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course.
Dates and rates
This course is held every Monday. It is a combination of our Business Communication Mini Group training and our Individual Training dealing specifically with English for Purchasing.
30 hours per week
- 22,5 Hours in Mini Group + 7,5 Hours Ind Training ) at €1,080
- 15 Hours in Mini Group + 15 Hours Ind Training ) at €1,410
One-off registration fee is €60.
For more information on this course, in-company training and closed groups, please contact us.
- Gruppengröße Maximum 6 Participants. Closed Group: Maximum of 8 Participants
- Kurslevel Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Alter der Teilnehmer 24+
- Kurslänge 25 or 30 hours over 5 training days