Energy English: Oil, Gas and Energy IndustryETIKurseKommunikationskompetenz & berufliches EnglischBranchenspezifisches Englisch
This course addresses language and communication related to a range of activities within the oil, gas and energy industry such as the processes of exploration, extraction, refining, transportation, and marketing products. In particular, you will learn vocabulary and terminology linked to the key process; and practise using this language through a range of communication activities including presentations, discussions, technical reading and technical writing.
Who is it for
This course is aimed at:
- students preparing to enter the workplace in a range of jobs in the oil, gas and energy industry
- young professionals working in technical jobs (operations, maintenance) in the oil, gas and energy industry
During this interactive course you will have the opportunity to cover the following areas:
Energy: sources, types and equipment
Oil and gas: forecasting, exploration, extraction, refining, marketing
Support departments: planning, IT, health and safety
Support services: wells, drilling mud suppliers, cementing companies, seismic firms, divers
Presentations and discussions which give you the opportunity to activate the above vocabulary and develop fluency of speaking
Technical reading to practise techniques for effective reading of technical manuals: reading for gist, reading for detail
Technical writing to help you develop skills for clear and simple writing of basic documents: emails, instructions.
By following this course, you will:
- develop your knowledge of the English language terms related to the oil, gas and energy industry
- practise and improve you English communication skills, in particular: speaking, reading and writing
- receive individual feedback on your English language and communication skills
In addition, you will have access to ETI’s e-learning platform. This free e-Learning programme is available to you at registration and lasts up to 3 months after the end of your course.
Dates and rates
This course is held every Monday. It comprises of our Business Communication Mini Group training (15 hours) in addition to Individual Training dealing specifically with English for the Energy Industry (10 or 15 hours).
25 hours per week at € 1.070 (15+10 hours)
30 hours per week at € 1,320 (15+15 hours)
*this includes 3 lunch meals per week served at the Speakeasy Restaurant within the same building.
For more information on this course, in-company training and closed groups, please contact us.
- Gruppengröße Maximum of 6 participants. Closed Groups- Maximum of 8 participants
- Kurslevel Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Alter der Teilnehmer 24+
- Kurslänge 30 hours over 5 training days