CLIL Technology and ICT Tools for Teachers Working with CLIL 1 weekETICoursesTeacher TrainingCLIL -Content and Language Integrated Learning courses
This one-week course introduces you to the principles of CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) and looks at practical ways of integrating technology into a CLIL classroom teaching environment.
This course focuses on a variety of ICT tools which teachers can use to facilitate and support teaching through CLIL. Click here for a full description of this course.
Bas Verzijl, Netherlands
“Inspiring, motivating and to the point. It will take me 5 years to implement these 5 days of the course!” Read more…..
Who is it for
Our CLIL courses are designed for teachers (in the primary, secondary and vocational sectors) who teach other subjects, such as geography, mathematics etc in English. This course is also ideal for those teachers who are about to start using CLIL to teach a subject in English.
The main aim of this course is to explore the dimensions and approach of CLIL teaching. During this one-week course, the teaching of CLIL through technology will be presented, explored and discussed, leading to the design of CLIL units and webquests. Areas such as cognition and thinking skills, scaffolding and using aids for teaching CLIL will be introduced. Assessment will also be examined on this course.
You will have ample opportunity to try out all of these tools as all our courses are designed to be hands-on and practical.
You will be expected to take an active role in all sessions, maximising your use of English, and collaborating together with your fellow trainees to create your own resources. During our group discussions, you will have the opportunity to share CLIL activities that you have created, and also to provide feedback to each other. You will be asked to reflect upon the training received and you will come up with a Personal Development Action Plan, selecting tools and activities you would like to try out in your own classes.
During this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- acquire a greater understanding of the principles underlying CLIL methodology
- become better equipped to integrate technology into CLIL principles and methodology in your everyday lessons
- develop your skills in designing CLIL learning materials
- gain the skills to create your own teaching materials
- improve your command of English in a multi-cultural context
- you will have access to ETI’s e-learning platform. Our e-Learning programme is available to you at registration and lasts up to 3 months after the end of your course.
- to further your learning and networking potential with trainers and other fellow trainees and colleagues, you will be provided with an opportunity to join the ETI teacher training Facebook group
This course is eligible for funds under Erasmus+
Dates and rates
10-14 Oct 2022
24-28 Oct 2022
07-11 Nov 2022
21-25 Nov 2022
16-20 Jan 2023
20-24 Feb 2023
06-10 Mar 2023
20 –24 Mar 2023
17-21 Apr 2023
19-23 June 2023
10-14 Jul 2023
24 –28 Jul 2023
07-11 Aug 2023
28 Aug-01 Sep 2023
09-13 Oct 2023
23-27 Oct 2023
06-10 Nov 2023
Course Fee: €400 + €100 Programme Fee
For closed groups, in-company training or more information please contact us
“I liked everything, don’t change! Great !”
“It was a joy being taught at ETI again!”
- Group Size Maximum of 15 participants
- Course Level Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age 23 years +
- Course Length 5 training days
- Price starting from Euro 400.00