Methodology Revisited Revitalised Renergised Language Teaching Methodology 2 weeksETICoursesTeacher TrainingLanguage Teaching Methodology Refresher courses for Secondary and Higher Levels Teaching
This practical 2 week training course in Language Teaching Methodology covers a wide range of teaching ideas and activities to refresh and energise your language lessons. This course is specifically designed to address the needs of language teachers and educators in secondary, vocational, tertiary and adult education.
Who is it for
The course is aimed at those English language teachers in the secondary, vocational, tertiary and adult sector sectors who would like to develop and explore both current and established techniques and teaching skills. It is also appropriate for teachers of other second languages.
This 2 week course is specifically developed with the needs of secondary, tertiary, vocational and adult English language teachers and other language teachers in mind.
During this course you will be introduced and given the opportunity to practise and review a number of techniques and methods that will help enliven your language classes, allowing you to create a dynamic and stimulating learning environment.
You will tackle areas such as learning styles, pronunciation, creating your own materials using online software and more.
Some sessions include a focus on integrating technology into your teaching and lessons. During the activities and group discussions, you will have the opportunity to further explore, review and develop your teaching skills.
You will also be encouraged to reflect on the activities and develop your own Personal Development Action Plan, identifying which tools, methods and activities you want to include in your own language lessons.
This course draws on the results of the BP-BLTM Best Practice –Best Language Teaching Methods Project (BP–BLTM). This is an EU Project set out to explore communicative teaching methods, and to write manuals, lessons and videos which can be utilised by teachers within the EU.
During this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- obtain a better understanding of language teaching
- develop your own knowledge and skills using a range of hands-on methodologies and techniques
- be actively involved in the sessions to maximise your learning and to experience activities from your learners’ point of view
- reflect on your own teaching methods and contexts as well as develop new teaching skills
- be introduced to technology you could use in your classroom
- exchange pedagogical information & knowledge in a multicultural context
- further develop your own English language skills
- be introduced to websites related to the further development of your own teaching skills & personal professional development.
- you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. This service is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course.
- to further your learning and networking potential with trainers and other fellow trainees and colleagues you will be provided with an opportunity to join the ETI teacher training Facebook group.
This course is eligible for funds under Erasmus+
Dates and rates
09-20 Jan 2023
23 Jan –03 Feb 2023
06-17 Feb 2023
13-24 Feb 2023
27 Feb—10 March 2023
13-24 Mar 2023
03—14 Apr 2023
10-21 April 2023
24 Apr—05 May 2023
29 May—09 June 2023
12-23 June 2023
26 Jun—07 Jul 2023
03—14 July 2023
17—28 July 2023
31 July—11 Aug 2023
14 Aug—25 Aug 2023
21 Aug –01 Sep 2023
02-13 Oct 2023
16-27 Oct 2023
30 Oct –10 Nov 2023
13-24 Nov 2023
Course Fee: €800 + €100 Programme Fee
For closed groups, in-company training or more information please contact us
“The course was interesting and I will recommended it to my colleagues at school and to my friends”.
Antoanela Kamenova- Ivanova
“It was a well organised programme, a friendly atmosphere, great teacher trainers and a lot of materials”.
- Group Size Maximum of 15 participants
- Course Level Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age 23 years +
- Course Length 10 training days
- Price starting from Euro 800.00