Managing Projects with Bob DignenETICoursesProfessional English & CommunicationManagement English Classes
Who is it for
This course is ideal for
- project leaders in charge of international projects
- team members working in an international project
- individuals preparing to work in an international project
This course focuses on four key areas, each essential for high performance in international projects:
- English language, specialist terminology for projects (outlining scope and business case, describing schedules, discussing typical project problems and solutions etc.)
- professional skills (kick-off and project review meetings, presenting project updates, running a short team-building session, reviewing risks and making contingency plans etc.
- intercultural competence (looking at different approaches to project leadership and teamwork, different styles of project communication etc.)
- interpersonal skills (building relationships inside and outside the team, influencing project stakeholders, managing conflict, engaging people with the change side of projects etc.)
During this course you will:
- develop an understanding of the core challenges of working in international projects, and work on solutions to the specific challenges which you are facing
- increase your confidence, fluency and impact when using English in an international project context
- improve key communication skills for international projects, giving you greater potential to build stronger relationships and reach better project results
- receive personalised feedback on your own communication style, its strengths and potential risks for international projects
In addition, you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. This service is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course.
Dates and rates
For information on start dates, closed groups or in-company training, please contact us.
Bob Dignen, Director of York Associates, is a specialist in international team and leadership training, Bob also provides coaching to international leaders, facilitates international project team kick-off and review meetings and is a keynote speaker at corporate management events and conferences.
He has published numerous titles including Managing Projects (Delta Publishing / York Associates), which forms the basis of his Masterclass course entitled ‘Managing Projects’.
His other titles include Communication for International Business (Harper Collins) and English for International Business Communication (Harper Collins). Bob is an accredited facilitator of Fierce Conversations TM, a licensed coach for the International Profiler (an intercultural profiling tool), and an advanced practitioner of TMP (Team Management Profile), an international team development tool.
In his free time Bob enjoys jogging, when he finds time, and photography, when he remembers to take his camera with him on his travels. He is also a trustee of International Service, an overseas development charity, and is committed to supporting its work in making a lasting difference to people’s lives.
- Group Size Maximum of 8 participants
- Course Level Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age 24+
- Course Length 30 hours over 5 training days